Digital Marketing Officer
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Job Type: Part-time or full-time, permanent position
Availability: Hiring now
We are looking for a marketing manager to join our marketing team. The applicant will be responsible for creating and maintaining content for the company website and blog and editing copy for other marketing materials. They will also manage a wide range of online marketing activities using tools like Google Analytics or Web CEO, and occasionally contribute to more Sales-related activities like devising email marketing templates or try new ways to improve the customer experience.
We value collaboration, creativity and initiative and need someone that feels compelled by the idea to make B2B software just that little bit more interesting to visitors of our websites. The right candidate will also be eager to branch out into unchartered territory, for example by familiarising themselves with tools they have not used before, e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, or by taking up smaller tasks from other departments, e.g. creating a Knowledge Base article for the documentation.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for writing and ability to learn and digest technical concepts
- Ability to translate technically challenging material into reader and user-friendly documentation
- 3 years of work experience overall, of which 1 year is in a marketing role
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing PPC campaigns, SEO or Email marketing
PlusesSuccessful candidates should have a working knowledge of several of the following:
- Some web development experience or basic HTML knowledge
- Any previous experience with intranet software can be beneficial
- A sense for design and user experience
- Facility to manage several different scale projects simultaneously, delivering to a high quality on time
- Overseeing all content creation activities on websites and blogs
- Liaising with the wider marketing team in order to come up with a content strategy that aligns with the organization’s wider goals
- Writing well structured and entertaining content that is search engine optimised
- Repurposing and distributing content across multiple channels, e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter
- Targeting keywords set by the team by writing suitable articles and optimise website copy
- Keeping up to date with competitors activities and reviewing latest trends in the industry
- Assisting with ad-hoc copywriting
- Assisting with production of marketing or explainer videos, e.g. by contributing scripts or liaising with the production team
- Monitor and optimise webpage SEO metrics and SERP rankings
- Email marketing and Social Media Management
The Digital Marketing Officer role will pay £16k to £23k as a full-time position in Newcastle, with an equivalent wage for part-time or remote employment.
Since adenin is a small and growing company there is always something new and unexpected and your work is guaranteed not to become monotonous. We reward performance and therefore promotion prospects include becoming a Digital Marketing Director within two years.
For this role we have an extensive benefits package which includes 28 days’ holiday per year, an extra 2 days leave per year for charitable work as well as allowances for Uber, local transportation or a gym membership.
How do you apply?
If this sounds like the ideal role and career for you, click below to apply. Please include your resume and a brief personal statement explaining why you are the right candidate for the job. If you have any questions before or after your submission, please call us at 0191-2612017. No recruiters, please.
All applicants must be free to live and work in the United Kingdom free from restrictions of visas or work permits. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS clearance. Please note that no terminology in this description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will accept applications from persons of any age for this role.