Location: Newcastle upon Tyne or remote (working from home) within the UK
Job Type: Part-time or full-time, permanent position
Availability: Hiring now
We are looking for a front-end developer who will be part of our Digital Assistant development team. We currently develop a radical new application that uses Artificial Intelligence to bring users intelligent updates about any of their connected cloud-based data. This is a great opportunity for you to contribute with expertise and craftsmanship to the very latest, industry-defining technologies.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Experience in designing web based applications
- Experience with RESTful web services and JSON
- Experience of version control such as Git
- Appreciation of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Adherence to web standards and best practices
- Quality and detail orientation
- Creative, yet very forward-thinking
- Experience developing for multiple devices such as mobile and tablets - including responsive design
PlusesSuccessful candidates should have a working knowledge of several of the following:
- Familiar with Node.js
- Experience with HTML5 and Web Components/Polymer
- Basic understanding of back-end technologies, e.g. C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL, IIS
- Exposure to MongoDB and Postgres
- DevOps processes and auto deployment processes preferred but not essential
- Creating front-end based features and apps for Digital Assistant
- Translation of user stories into source code on various technical platforms and within waterfall or agile delivery environments
- Building rapport with customers to discuss current and future developments
- Contributing to product documentation and knowledge base
- Creating aspects of our website as required
The Front-end developer role will pay £20k to £27k as a full-time position in Newcastle, with an equivalent wage for part-time or remote employment.
Since adenin is a small and growing company there is always something new and unexpected and your work is guaranteed not to become monotonous. We reward success and enthusiasm and you could be promoted to become a Product Manager or Senior Consultant within three years. If performance is excelling expectations after the first annual performance review you will be offered a raise.
For this role we have an extensive benefits package which includes 28 days’ holiday per year, an extra 2 days leave per year for charitable work as well as allowances for Uber, local transportation or a gym membership.
How do you apply?
If this sounds like the ideal role and career for you, click below to apply. Please include your resume and a brief personal statement explaining why you are the right candidate for the job. If you have any questions before or after your submission, please call us at 0191-2612017. No recruiters, please.
All applicants must be free to live and work in the United Kingdom free from restrictions of visas or work permits. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS clearance. Please note that no terminology in this description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will accept applications from persons of any age for this role.