Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Job Type: Part-time or full-time, permanent position
Availability: Hiring now
We develop a next-generation assistant application that makes work for employees easier, quicker and more fun. We are looking for a junior front-end developer who will be part of our Digital Assistant development team. If you are fascinated by smart assistants like Cortana or Alexa, then you might be the ideal candidate to join our Digital Assistant development team.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Experience in designing web based applications
- Experience with RESTful web services and JSON
- Experience of version control such as Git
- Adherence to web standards and best practices
- Quality and detail orientation
- Creative, yet very forward-thinking
- Experience developing for multiple devices such as mobile and tablets, including responsive design
- Studying for or holding a bachelor’s degree or at least 1 year of relevant job experience
PlusesSuccessful candidates should have a working knowledge of several of the following:
- Familiar with Node.js
- Experience with HTML5 and Web Components/Polymer
- Basic understanding of back-end technologies, e.g. C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL, IIS
- An eye for UI/UX design (and consequently skills with CSS)
- Appreciation of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Creating front-end based features and apps for Digital Assistant
- Translation of user stories into source code on various technical platforms and within waterfall or agile delivery environments
- Building rapport with customers to discuss current and future developments
- Contributing to product documentation and knowledge base
- Creating aspects of our website as required
The Junior Developer role will pay £20k to £24k as a full-time position in Newcastle, with an equivalent wage for part-time employment.
Since adenin UK is a small and growing company there is always something new and unexpected and your work is guaranteed not to become monotonous. We reward success and enthusiasm and you could be promoted to become a Product Manager or Senior Consultant within three years. If performance is excelling expectations after the first annual performance review you will be offered a raise.
For this role we offer a benefits package which includes 28 days’ vacation per year, subsidies for gym membership or theater tickets, and 2 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choosing.
How do you apply?
If this sounds like the ideal role and career for you, click below to apply. Please include your resume and a brief personal statement explaining why you are the right candidate for the job. If you have any questions before or after your submission, please call us at 0191-2612017. No recruiters, please.
All applicants must be free to live and work in the United Kingdom free from restrictions of visas or work permits. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS clearance. Please note that no terminology in this description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will accept applications from persons of any age for this role.