Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Job Type: Part-time or flextime, permanent position
Availability: Hiring now
We are seeking a talented web designer who can help us in the management of our website. We are converging away from a CMS to a static site generator that is managed in Github and need a candidate that can assist in this as well as the later upkeep. You need to be self-driven, highly motivated and productive.
The right candidate has an eye for design and is familiar with major web design trends, e.g. Bootstrap, Wordpress, etc. You understand how to develop optimised code for a website and are willing to learn new technologies and approaches rapidly.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with a CMS
- Experience creating a website for an organization
- Familiar with Bootstrap and jQuery
- Understanding of SEO principles
PlusesSuccessful candidates should have a working knowledge of several of the following:
- Familiar with Wordpress
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience with Github
- Experience with Static Site Generator
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS (LESS/SASS)
- Marketing background, either through classes, certificates or work experience
- Porting and optimising an existing website from a CMS to a Static Site Generator
- Designing web pages based on designs
- Suggesting designs based on discussed requirements and texts
- Be in rapport with the marketing team to adjust designs as needed
- Create a monthly report about website analytics
The Front-End developer role will pay between £15k to £17k as a full-time position in Newcastle. For a 3-day work week this would create a range of £9k to £10k. A flextime position (minimum 6 hours a week) would pay £9.50 per hour.
We’re a small but growing team in the UK, therefore you could grow into a full-time position within a year, and a Digital Marketing role within two to three years.
For this role we offer a free local transportation pass or alternatively a subsidised gym membership.
How do you apply?
If this sounds like the ideal role and career for you, click below to apply. Please include your resume and a brief personal statement explaining why you are the right candidate for the job. If you have any questions before or after your submission, please call us at 0191-2612017.
All applicants must be free to live and work in the United Kingdom free from restrictions of visas or work permits. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS clearance. Please note that no terminology in this description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will accept applications from persons of any age for this role.