What is a Smart Office?
Smart Office is an umbrella term for using technology to make offices more efficient, enjoyable and flexible. It is a combination of new hardware, like smart displays, and improved existing hardware, like Internet-controlled lighting. T
Examples of a smart office includes:
- Meeting rooms that can be booked via voice assistants
- Conference room equipment that recognizes you and start the next meeting from your personal calendar
- Lighting that adjusts to your preferences
- Information you receive about the building you're in, i.e. elevators out of service, or locations of different facilities (useful if you're new in a building)
- NFC chips in your smartphone as a Smart Card replacement for turnstiles and elevators
- IoT-enabled buttons to report faulty printers, missing stationary, low stocks of coffee pods, etc.
- Smart assistant speakers that answer common questions or execute commands
- Smart displays that show meeting room occupancies, hot-desk availability or building information and signage
Together with enterprise software applications that interact with this hardware, organizations can create a Digital Workplace allowing them to benefit from a more productive and engaged workforce that waste less time getting to their desks, but are also happier not having to deal with as many disruptions to their day.