In general, you can browse the www.adenin.com web site (the "Site") without providing us any personal information. Ordering software products or services, requesting support and other activities on the Site may require you to be registered or provide us with some personal information - for example, to download a trial of the software or services we make available on the Site.
Types of Information We Collect and Use
In general, we collect and use both anonymous and personal user information and access and use data. We collect this information and data from a variety of sources, including access and use of the Site, and user registrations, transactions and correspondence.
- Anonymous User Information. When you visit the Site, our servers record the information that your browser automatically sends whenever visiting a web site, including your web request, the Internet Protocol address and browser configuration of your computer, the date and time of your request, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the referring and exiting Web sites, and we place one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We generally collect this anonymous (i.e. non-personally identifying) in server log files and use this information for a variety of purposes, including the administration and operation of our Web sites and other properties, identifying and preventing fraud and misuse of our Web sites, designing and developing new products and services and generally improving the overall quality of your experience.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. For a session cookie, once you close your browser the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie stays stored on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can change the settings on your browser to refuse or notify you prior to accepting cookies and to remove them from your computer. However, some features, products and services may not function properly without cookies.
We may engage third party advertisement networks that may place cookies on computers accessing and using the Site that collect non-personal information regarding the content accessed by the computer on the Site. This information may be used by adenin and its third party advertising network partners to identify and target related advertising to the user of such computer, when on Web sites within the third party’s advertising network of sites. Some of these third party advertising networks may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and subject to the NAI Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Preference Marketing by Network Advertisers, available at www.networkadvertising.org (the "NAI Principles"). If you would like to opt-out from these services, you may go to the NAI Non-PII Opt-Out Page, located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp, or the opt-out page of the particular third party advertising network identified in the cookie. In addition, these companies may offer you a way to directly opt out of ad targeting based on their cookies by visiting their Web sites and following their opt out procedures.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we only use your personal information for the purpose it was collected, including internally to serve you the Web sites, products and services you request, to enhance and extend our relationship with you, and to improve our products and services. We also use personal information for fulfillment and billing purposes, to complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with our products and services, to respond to customer support inquiries, to create and inform you of new products and services, and to comply with applicable laws.
Sharing Information With Third Parties
In general, we do not sell, rent or otherwise trade your personal information with third parties. However, we may disclose and share your personal information with third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- Consent. We have received your consent or permission.
- Transaction Processing. As necessary to complete a requested transaction, such as verification of your credit card information. In some instances we rely on channel partners and third party vendors to fulfill transactions, product trials and information requests, and provide customers and prospective customers with information about our products and services. To do this, such channel partners or third party vendors may collect or we may transfer to them your information solely for that purpose, in which case they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Third Party Service Providers. Occasionally, we engage third parties to provide us with certain products and services, such as support, consulting, statistical analysis and marketing research, packaging, mailing and delivering items, sending postal mail, providing technical support, and processing event registrations that may require access to or use of your personal information. In such event, the third party will be obligated to maintain the privacy of any personal information disclosed or shared as part of its provision to us of the product to service and to only use such information for the limited purpose of providing the product or service.
- Business Transfers. Information about our users and the access and use of the Site and our products and services is one of our most important business assets. As such, information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and transferred as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide products and services, the sale or pledge of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets.
- Protection of adenin; Compliance with Law. We will disclose personal information or remove, destroy or alter personal information in our possession or control when we believe it is necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, its employees, customers or the public.
We may use, disclose and share any anonymous, non-personally identifiable information and data we collect with any third party in our sole discretion.
Third Party Information Collection and Use; Links
The Site and our products and services use and provide access to products, services and content of third parties (collectively, "Third Party Properties"). Please be aware that we do not control and are not responsible for the information collection and use practices and policies of these third parties, and that by accessing or using Third Party Properties they may collect information regarding your use and access. In general, clicking on third party links on the Site, whether part of an advertisement or other content, will allow the third party provider of the result, link or content to collect anonymous, non-personally identifiable information about your browser and activity. We encourage you to be aware when you use a Third Party Property or leave the Site and review any such third party's data and information collection and use practices and policies with regard to their Web site, products or services.
Typically you will have the choice of whether or not to provide us with personal information. However, you may not be able to access or use some features of the Site and some of our other products and services if you chose not to provide us with the information required for those products and services. Unless the cost, burden or expense of such access is unwarranted, or the rights of a third party would be violated, we will provide you with the ability to access, correct, update and/or delete the personal information we collect and store from you by contacting us at the contact information provided below.
Special Notification with respect to Children's Privacy (Users under the Age of 13)
In response to concerns about protecting children's privacy online, Congress enacted the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), which sets forth rules and procedures governing the ways in which Web sites may collect, use and disclose any personal information for children under the age of 13. In accordance with adenin policy and COPPA regulations, we DO NOT:
- Request or knowingly collect personally identifiable information online or offline contact information from users under 13 years of age; or
- Knowingly use or share personal information from users under 13 years of age with third parties; It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information given to us or pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately delete the information from our servers.
Questions regarding children's privacy should be directed to us at the contact information provided below.
We abide by the European Union ("EU") Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding collection, use, and retention of data from the EU. Our privacy practices with respect to personal data collected from individuals residing in the EU are self-certified to the Safe Harbor Program developed by the US Department of Commerce and the European Commission. For more information about the Safe Harbor Program, please go to http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. Terms that are capitalized below have the same meanings given to them as part of the Safe Harbor Program
adenin TECHNOLOGIES Inc
Attn: Privacy Officer
101 Federal Street, Suite 1900
Boston, MA 02110 USA
Contact Us request form