The new Viva Connections dashboard is a hotly awaited addition that takes SharePoint's appeal as a corporate intranet up to 11. With this new feature, Microsoft has added the ability to create Adaptive Cards for a dashboard which presents employees their data in bite-sized snippets they can expand to reveal more data.
With the Viva Connections extension you can:
- Create beautiful "widgety" Cards that show an image and text in two sizes. These are ideal for internal comms, i.e. news or digital signage
- Add snippets of data for things users frequently want to see at a glance, i.e. their PTO allowance, open tasks, tickets, etc.
- Connect Cards to live data sources from the App Directory
With this new extension for Viva Connections, you can create a much more seamless employee experience that turns your ordinary SharePoint into an extraordinary digital workplace hub.
Make Adaptive Cards for Viva Connections dashboard
Digital Assistant already uses enhanced Adaptive Cards, that can connect to 3rd party business apps. This lets organizations create real-time "snippets" of data from any 3rd party app, not just limited to Microsoft, that can in turn be pushed to Microsoft Viva Dashboard.
How to add an Adaptive Card to your Microsoft Viva Connections dashboard
- Find the correct Card on your Digital Assistant Board, and click on the context menu button and then on Share and Copy to clipboard.
If you haven't made any Adaptive Cards yet, just create one with the Adaptive Card Designer.
- Go to your Viva Connections Dashboard, usually located at
https://<tenant-name>.sharepoint.com/SitePages/Dashboard.aspxand click on Edit. Scroll to the bottom of the list of Cards and click on Add a Card where you select Card Factory.
- Then paste the URL from step 1 under Card URL and close the panel
- Finally click on the Republish button and your page will refresh showing your new Adaptive Card with all its live data from Digital Assistant