- Create Adaptive Cards using ServiceNow API endpoints which you can embed inside your intranet, for example SharePoint
- Train the Digital Assistant chatbot to show users their ServiceNow data as well as notifying users in real-time when there are new updates in their ServiceNow
- Create a chatbot for Teams or Slack using ServiceNow data that can bring up records and submit new cases for the user – without having to open ServiceNow in a new window
Get instant updates pushed to an Adaptive Card on your Digital Assistant Board which lists recent ServiceNow incidents using live data from the ServiceNow API
This is the perfect Card for users to instantly create new cases in your ServiceNow platform. They can search for this Card using the Digital Assistant chatbot, or just permanently pin it to their Board for easy access.
Create Adaptive Cards using data from the ServiceNow platform
Being the central backbone for many organizations, ServiceNow offers dozens of API endpoints that you can add to your Digital Workplace experience. Popular APIs, including dozens of endpoints in each, that are supported by Digital Assistant include:
- Account API (Customer Service Management chatbot)
- Case API (Customer Service Management chatbot)
- Contact API (Customer Service Management chatbot)
- Email API
- HR REST API
- Service Order Open API
- Trouble Ticket Open API
How to setup the connector for ServiceNow®
- Click the Install now button (top right-hand corner) which will redirect you to a configuration page for the connector
- Keep this page open
- In a new tab, open up your ServiceNow instance. There navigate to All → Application Registry
- Then add a New registration and select...
...that you want to Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients
- On the next screen, enter the Name as "adenin" and copy just the Client ID field over to your Digital Assistant configuration screen.
From Digital Assistant you want to then copy the Redirect URL and Logo URL across to ServiceNow. You may have to click the padlock icon first to enable these fields.
- Click Submit but then immediately return to the "Edit" screen for the adenin entry of the main list
- The Client Secret field is now filled with an auto-generated entry. Click the padlock icon to unlock it, and copy this value over to the same field in the Digital Assistant configuration screen.
- Returning to Digital Assistant your configuration screen will now need the final three fields filled out. To start, make a note of your instance's base URL (this can be found in the address bar)
- Use this domain to fill out the three remaining fields:
Token Service Endpoint:
- Click Save which will bring you to the authorization screen for ServiceNow. There simply, click Allow and you'll be redirected back to your Board
- And Eureka! Your ServiceNow card is now available on your Board (it may be added at the bottom of the Board). You can either modify this by clicking Edit in Designer, or make new Cards using the ServiceNow data
ServiceNow, the ServiceNow logo, Now, and other ServiceNow marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc., in the United States and/or other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated. Connector for ServiceNow® platform is not offered by ServiceNow.
Users love to use ServiceNow® within these business apps: